Saturday, April 17, 2010

Walking Through The Open Door With Faith


Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. James 1:27 NASV


Last month, in my post Open Doors I shared a journey of faith that our family has embarked on.  If you are new to Life at Gentility and haven't read about the doors God is opening, be sure to read that post before reading this one.  A few days after I posted the blog entry, I took Ross and Gracie to the local sports center for the adoption connection event I referred to in the post.  The basic idea of the event is to bring foster children who are waiting to be adoption together with prospective adoptive parents so that each can get to know the other while sharing in common activities.  Ross and Gracie rollerskated and played basketball with many different children there and I was able to hang out with several children and also speak with the social workers attending.  This particular function was for waiting children in the 10-17 yr old range.  It was a little older child than we thought would fit our family but God clearly told us I should attend and so I did.

At the end of the meeting, the social worker in charge informed us that another event would be held in April for waiting children in the 5-10 yr old range, some with older siblings.  This age range is exactly what we feel would work best in our home and it was then I knew why God had sent me there!  Tomorrow afternoon, I will be headed to the local bowling alley for that event.  This time it will be just us girls - Gracie, Amber, Georgia and Mama.  I'm walking through the open door, not knowing what is on the other side but confident in my faith that God will lead me in whatever waits for me on the other side.

Please join us in praying for our foster care ministry!  We are praying for discernment to see the path He has set before us, unity in what God places on our hearts, patience to wait for His timing, and faith to continue walking through these open doors.  As we wait to see what God will do in our own family, we are so encouraged to see many families we know begin to pursue the ministry of foster care.  We pray that God will use their families in a mighty way to further His kingdom and that He will use our family to give them the love and support they need as foster parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment