Friday, April 9, 2010

The 30 Challenge Update

Welcome to all my new readers!  It's great to have you here!  Today is day five of The 30 Challenge and I am amazed by the response I've received to my blog.  Thank you!!

As you recall, The 30 Challenge is a personal challenge to myself to:
1.  Write for 30 consecutive days on the blog.
2.  Get 30 comments on my posts to the blog.
3.  Add 30 followers to the blog.

The response is overwhelming!  On the blog itself, I have 7 followers now.  At the request of my friend Melanie, I created a Facebook page for Life at Gentility and there are currently 52 fans following the blog there!  If you'd like to be a fan on Facebook, just click the link on the right side of the page and it will take you to my fan page.  Be sure to check in frequently - I just might use your idea for my next post!

A few of you have asked about why I instituted The 30 Challenge.  I love to write and I want to grow as a writer.  The only way to grow is to write regularly, preferably daily.  And the best way to insure I write daily is to make myself accountable to others.  Knowing there are 57 people out there waiting for today's post motivates me to make the time to write it!  Your comments help me to see what works and what doesn't, what you enjoy reading about and what's boring to you.  I love to read your responses to my writing.  But as my Daddy says, writing is a deeply personal thing and in the end, I'm the one I want most to please with it.

While you are here, check out today's post titled "The Power of the Written Word".  This is my first challenge writing assignment for Faith Writers.  What is Faith Writers?  It is an online group of Christian writers who come together to share their writing, critique each other's work, seek writing jobs and participate in classes and challenges to help us all grow as writers.  Each week a challenge topic is posted.  Writers submit their response to the topic and the editors select the best works.  Each year, these winners are featured in a book together and are also eligble for cash prizes for best overall writings of the year.  This week's challenge is "The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword".  The submitted writing does not have to contain this specific phrase but must be about the power of the written word.  So go check out my post for today and let me know why you think the pen is mightier than the sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment