Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Flood of Questions (day 11)



Ross and I made a trip to Walmart tonight, just the two of us.  On the way home, we had a discussion about Noah and the ark. I wanted to share with you just a few things we pondered:

What did Noah do with the termites and the woodpeckers?

How did the owls and bats and possums sleep during the day when everyone else was awake?

Were the pigs offended that Noah's son was named Ham?  Did they think to themselves, "You know, this might not have been such a good idea for us!"

Did the bears have to come out of hibernation to get on the ark and did it make them grumpy without their long winter nap?

When the dove went to find land and didn't come back, did the dove left behind panic and think "Oh no! I'm the only one left!"

Oh how I LOVE exploring the Bible with my children!!  I'm also thankful that my Mama taught me that the Bible is full of real stories that happened to real people, not just a bunch of fairy tales.  She knows how to make the Bible come to life!  Now I'm doing the same for my children.

What's your favorite Bible story? Have you explored it with who/what/when/where/why?  Look at it through the viewpoint of all the different characters in the story.  Think about your five senses and what each of them would have experienced if you were there when the story took place.  Now go tell your children, your grandchildren - go tell any child! - a story from the Bible and make it come alive!  Then come back and tell us about it!

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword..." Hebrews 4:12 NASV

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, The greatest thing I have found about being a grandmother is getting to tell the old,old, stories of Jesus and His love for us with my grandchildren. I was thinking I had a hard time getting through to my ten yr. old grandson when one day 2 weeks ago he started telling me the story of Jesus before his crucifixon. I was amazed at the details that he knew. He goes to a church for after school day care and he had seen a movie there and it had really impacted his mind. I have been praying for him. My son and his family are moving at the end of this school year to Virginia Beach. I had told God please let me see Christian understand you. I just didn't realize he would do this wonderful thing for me and let Christian share his knowledge of Jesus and his love with me. That day we talked and talked..I told him that he had to set the example. That God loved him so much that he died for him. I ask him, how many other people do you know that would literally die for you? He said that is awesome! Praise God. Since he was a baby I have been teaching him the bible stories and trying to make them come alive before his eyes. I just didn't know how much he had contained. This is my joy!
    One day he made a small plastic cross at after school care..several yrs back. He brought it to me and said Gim-Maw I made this for you. I ask him why was he giving it to me? He said, I don't know. I told him I could not accept it until he told me why. With his mother standing there and she not knowing what to say it was a bit ackward for a few moments. Then Christian said, because you are the one that tells me about God! I really had a WOW moment! Well, Christian & I put the little cross on my shelf and it has its own place and so does Christian in my heart! Jesus loved the little children & so do I. They all have a special place in my heart. Each day try to tell someone of his love or be the example.
    I loved Ross's questions, without them their would be no answers. Without your knowledge and they way you were taught you, praise God can give the answers to him.
    Keep carrying on His work, and I will too! Seeing my grandaughter of 12 on Dec. 20th. accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour in my home was the ultimate and watching her baptism on Feb. 19th was unbelievable. Nothing is to compare seeing her confess jesus with her own words. Knowing her name is written in The Book of Life!It just doesn't get any better than this! Glory give to the Father!
    Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete