Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ten Things I Learned This Week (day 6)


On Saturdays, I plan to post the top ten things I've discovered this week.  Enjoy!

1.  Excitement is defined by the reaction of a three year old when her daddy arrives home from work.

2.  Kids' clothes tend to multiply themselves in the drawers, while Mom's clothes seem to disappear into thin air.

3.  Concentration needed for writing with four kids in the house requires headphones and Jim Brickman playing piano.

4.  When you think outside the box, one organizing technique can be adapted to fit three different children in three very different ways.

5.  It's not that hard to get back in the saddle, even if you haven't been on the horse in a long time.

6.  Reading is a great stress reliever and it's worth making time for.

7.  Starbucks really is as good as I remembered it to be...and Caribou Coffee makes a great substitute when needed.

8.  Water gun fights are worth the extra laundry.

9.  Lunch out with Daddy makes the whole rest of the day better.

10.  Only a 6 yr old girl can wear a flower print shirt, camouflage pants and pink cowboy boots and still have people say she looks "so cute".

What did you learn and discover this week?

2 comments:

  1. Just loved your ten....
    i learned that youu can be married for 43 yrs (will be June 30) and find things that you have in the attic back that long. Found our liitle boys first baseball cap & shirit that he wore 35yrs. ago and our daughters dancing recital outfits. Learned that I am still that sentimental girl he married a lon, long, time ago. Gave the baseball outfit to our boy yesterday for his 40th birthday!
    I cried and yes, I saw a few tears in his eyes and definetly in his dad's eyes! They will always be your little boy and your little girl in so many ways. I have learned to let go and let God lead them a while back though. He does a much better job of it than I could ever do! Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I know the 6 year old girl you are talking about in #10 I can understand very well why people think she is cute, no matter what she is wearing. No matter what the window dressing is on the outside, I love the heart and spirit she has on the inside.

    ReplyDelete