Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just Do It!

Lately at our house there's been a lot of cleaning out and decluttering going on. We're getting ready for the arrival of the 4th G - baby Georgia - in August. So we're concentrating on organizing spaces and simplifying what we have. We gotta make room!!

In going through some of our "treasures" (read: clutter) I've found so many things I've saved for "later" - curriculum to try when the kids are older, craft projects to do someday, fabric for doll clothes I want to learn to make. I have notebooks full of activity pages for the kids to do on holidays, patterns of quilts to make for more people than I know, stacks and stacks of enough card making paper to put Hallmark out of business.

I realized as I was going through these treasures that NOW is the time to do these things. Life is whizzing by and someday will soon be a day I wished I had made time for, not a day that will be in the future. I'm only given so many days and years to be a mama and I don't want to look back with regret and wish I'd done this or that with my children.

And so today, as I was cleaning out the scrapbook and cardmaking tote of supplies, I loosened my hold on these treasures and shared them with Grace and Glorie. They created some great art, Grace practiced teaching Glorie something new and we now have some beautiful objects for our refrigerator door. I moved a lot of my "grown up" craft supplies (which spend a lot of time sitting in the closet) to the kids' craft cabinet so it will be used and enjoyed, not saved for later.



Grace and Glorie's sunflower creations

Grace and Glorie show off their homemade pizzas - notice Grace's "pepperonis"


As for me, I'm making a spot for my half-finished projects. Hopefully if I keep them out in view, and work a little at a time, they will become finished projects to bless my family and friends and beautify my home.

Do you have stuff waiting for "later" to be done? Join me today - get it out and JUST DO IT!

1 comment:

  1. I have a whole box of unfinished quilts, and an unfinished scrapbook room, maybe I'll work on it later. LOL

    ReplyDelete